i like making people laugh and watching netflix with a box of pizza next to me.
💀💋📓 My Mad Fat Diary 💀💋📓
THIS IS SO CUTE!!!! Rae have you seen this one??? realraeearl
No - I hadn’t seen this and it’s WONDERFUL. Seriously I am blown away by the artistic talent people have. And, very unlike me, I’m jealous too (Grade D in GCSE Art - though I was ROBBED ;-)) x
I basically love the fact that Izzy is the first person who throws down an ultimatum here. I know the focus is mostly on Finn’s response (for reasons), but let’s give it up for Izzy. Girl is basically like, “Oh hell no - if my friend isn’t going, I’m not going.” In many ways, Izzy demonstrates more consistent loyalty to Rae than any other girl on the show. There are so many subtle moments in their friendship on the show that genuinely depict Izzy as a caring and sincere friend:
- She literally jumps up and down with excitement when Rae claimed Archie fingered her;
- She’s the one who says “Let’s do a makeover”, which really comes across (to me) as an act of support from her character (in the next few lines/scenes Chloe turns it into a manipulative thing);
- She also doesn’t offer loads of “free advice” to Rae, she tends to be the one who’s openly listening to her (and others);
- If she’s curious about something, she directly asks (ie. she’s the one that asked Rae directly about her scars when she saw them again during the makeover) and then encouraged Rae not to be self-conscious;
- Rave ultimatum (gif set);
- V-plate pact (THEN she pro-actively confesses to Rae she “broke” it);
- Waxing appointment where she opens up to Rae about her own physical insecurities;
- Super-supportive of Rae singing in the talent show.
Those are just a few things. I’m not saying she’s perfect, but it’s interesting how her qualities are very unique from other females on the show. What I find interesting is the way the show is written, Rae’s character doesn’t allow or invite Izzy into her life very much - it’s more Chloe-centric in the girl-friends arena. But, how Izzy’s character is written/played, she is a more nurturing, supporting, and altruistic friend to Rae.
And with all this in mind, I love that Rae says, “Thank god for Izzy” because she’s literally been there for Rae through everything.